Student vs. Faculty Basketball Game

Logan Roberts (12) and Mr. Hardin (F) at   tipoff of the Student vs. Faculty game
Logan Roberts (12) and Mr. Hardin (F) at tipoff of the Student vs. Faculty game

Everyone knows that the second semester of the school year goes by very slowly. We are all counting down the days until school is finally over. Nevertheless, school events make it a little more enjoyable. February 27th was the Student vs. Faculty  basketball game. Each year, LCHS hosts an in-school basketball game of Seniors vs Faculty. Since this is one of the final opportunities for seniors to be involved in school activities, a plethora of them sign up to participate. Seniors Khloe Presnell, Ava Rogers, and Connor Murdock share their experience participating in one of the last few ventures of their high school career. 

Murdock, a basketball player of ten years, enjoyed his time on the court with his peers and teachers despite the loss. 

“I would rate my experience a 7/10 because we lost but I had a fun time,” Murdock said.

Although playing in the Student vs. Faculty game is an overall joyus experience for all who participate, the game itself can be challenging. Rogers shares what she would do differently to help herself prepare for the match.

“I would probably learn the rules so I don’t get subbed out so fast,” Rogers said.

Even though faculty took the win this year, senior Khloe Pressnell looked on the bright side as she reflected on the time and highlights shared with her friends. 

“Playing [in the game] was a 10/10 because it was super fun playing with my friends, and also hitting the first three in the game,” Pressnell said.

Ultimately, the Student vs. Faculty was a hit yet again. Events like this definitely help the countdown until summer break speed up a bit. Despite the loss, the seniors involved in the game are glad they participated and expressed how they would one-hundred percent do it again.