Open House Night

2023-2024 Panther Crew
2023-2024 Panther Crew
Eli Park

As the 2023-2024 school year comes to a halting stop, upcoming freshmen have the opportunity to tour around the school at the annual open house night. Students 9-12 are welcome to see our high school and the many courses we offer. Many changes have been made to LCHS in recent years so to make the experience as wonderful as possible, groups like Panther Crew represent as tour guides for families and students. On this night, some of our own, Joshua Hoekstra (12) and Mr. Kerr (F) were recognized for their helpful attitudes and professional behavior.

I think it was a good opportunity for future students and community members to see the school,” Hoekstra said.

As other students joined clubs, Hoekstra joined Panther Crew to help others.

“I am glad I was able to help the families, I would join Panther Crew again if I wasn’t a senior!” Hoekstra said. 

Mr. Kerr (F) shares his thoughts on this year’s open house night.

“It’s always nice to be recognized… However, I think all teachers are aware that recognition is not why we do this.  Teaching is about making relationships.  Anytime I can relate to anyone, a student or adult, I think it’s important to show how much you care. Luckily, the review I got, came from a person who was very easy for me to relate to and I think that’s what made his open house something extra!” Kerr said. 

Mr. Kerr explains why he chose to become a teacher and some other points of view from the open house night.

“I like to motivate and inspire.  I feel like to make a change in anyone’s life, you have to be motivated and that motivation can lead to inspiration.  There’s a lot to think about in this world, and the more educated a person is the more likely they will become a contributor to society. I always get a little anxious before nights like this.  You always want to put on a good show or share some good material with visitors.  Luckily, I have decorated my room with all kinds of conversation pieces, so it’s easy to get people involved in my classroom.” Kerr said. 

With that, the 2024 open house was a great success! Many incoming freshmen and their families had a great time touring the school and getting to know the teachers better.