New Coach, Same Game

Lenoir City High School’s Football team receives a new head coach
Coach Cummings
Coach Cummings

As the 2024 year begins, Lenoir City High School gains a new football coach, Coach Cummings. As Coach Cummings joins our team, he also leaves behind his previous High School, Oak Ridge High. Coach Payne, the assistant football coach, has great things to say about him!

I am excited about having Coach Cummings at LC. He is going to do a great job leading our football program,” Payne said. 

Even with all the changes made throughout the football team these past few years, the players think Coach Cummings is the right fit. Dealing with alterations can be tough, especially when you’re part of a team. Coach Payne chats with the football players about Coach Cummings and gives insight as to what they think of him joining.

The players are excited for Cumming’s leadership. They feel like Cummings will help us continue to be successful on Friday nights in the fall. Our players want more people to come out to play and support our program,” Payne said. 

Coach Cummings has a record of success and even helped to win a State Championship. Coach Payne feels like this is a great opportunity for Coach Cummings to teach and coach our football stars.

“Coach Cummings has a track record of success. He is a winner. Coach has even had the opportunity to build a program up and win a State Championship. Having Cummings at LC is huge for our community,” Payne said. 

As Coach Cummings communicated to the players, he offered some good strategies and plays to the team. As a football coach, you should always wanting the best for your team and the city.

“Cummings is organized, loved by players, and he is a lifelong student of the game. He brings in a lot of innovative ideas that are exciting for all parts of our program. His leadership will ensure our ability to compete and stay focused on our goals throughout the season,” Payne said. 

Coach Cummings looks forward to being LC’s newest addition and we can’t wait to see how he will contribute!