Halfway to Hollywood: Winter Formal 2024

A collection of students at the 2024 Winter Formal
Emma Lathum and Ava Lawhorn

While many upperclassmen enjoy going to prom in the spring, a similar tradition for under & upperclassmen alike was much needed to connect. As of last year, Winter Formal has been a great opportunity to do so. Among these underclassmen is Rowan Sherrill (9), who shares the experience of her first school dance.

“It was fun to see all of my friends dressed up together because most of us won’t see each other at prom,” Sherrill said.

Although last year’s formal was hosted at The Venue, this year’s was hosted in the gym. To some that decreased the appeal of going but Eli Park (12), assured that the location was just as special.

“Student Council put a lot of effort into decorations, and they turned out great. It still looked good and accurate to the theme,” Park said. 

The theme for this year was Old Hollywood, which heavily inspired some of the outfits.

“My dress was red, which I thought went with the theme well. I also wore tights and a bow to give it a more classy look,” Sherrill said. 

The hype for the Winter Formal slightly went down this year, nevertheless, the students who attended had a great time. Dances and events that include younger grades bring the whole school together and give everyone a chance to dress up and walk the red carpet.