The Kings Coming Through

Matthias Witte (12) being crowned at the homecoming game
Kyra Grason

The time of homecoming is upon us. The crowning of the homecoming king is also here. We had amazing candidates this year: Owen Poisal, Adam Lowe, Drew Henry, Eli Park, Carter Youell, Erik Tinoco, Trey Wilhite, Caden Shubert, Griffin Wiley, Logan Roberts, and Matthias Witte. This was a big honor for all eleven seniors and three tell of the excitement they felt to be on the court.

Owen Poisal is a commendable student and a loyal friend. Owen was super excited to be nominated to the court by his peers.

“It feels really good to know that me and my friends were nominated to run alongside each other. It was super fun and competitive,” Poisal said.

Tinoco explains the main reason he was thrilled was that he and his friends were up there together. He was proud to be on the court with his best friends. 

I was ecstatic to hear I was nominated to the court. To have the chance to take the court with some of my best friends has been one of the best feelings from these past four years,” Tinoco said. 

Matthias Witte was eventually crowned homecoming king and his reaction was amazing to see. Witte and his friends were super proud of themselves. Witte was shocked and excited to be crowned homecoming king. 

“I was super surprised that I was crowned homecoming king, I think one of my other friends should have been crowned. It felt good to know that my peers voted for me to be homecoming king, ” Witte said. 

Homecoming is a time of fun, especially when you and your friends are in a friendly competition with each other. This experience makes the last year of high school that much more memorable.  Some students are not ready to graduate from high school but the thing that we have to remember is that time always moves forward. Making the most of high school is highly encouraged. This is exactly what these friends are doing, making the most of their last year together.