Best Places to Dine on Prom Night

With prom season nearing, it is important to get a head start on your preparations, from buying your dress to scheduling your hair appointment. Memories tend to be made before and after prom from places as simple as where you eat. So it is equally important to pick a restaurant that can provide a great experience beforehand to carry that same momentum to prom. However, there are many important things to consider when choosing somewhere to eat. These restaurants cover many ranges of several differentiating categories so you can find that perfect place to eat before prom.

1. Olive Garden:

Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant that is known for their tasty breadsticks and mix of pasta and seafood dishes. Famous choices from here include the famous Chicken Parmigiana or the Fettuccine Alfredo. This restaurant has a very casually fancy atmosphere so there is no pressure to feel like ordinary high school students don’t belong.

Location: Turkey Creek

Google Rating: 4.3 out of 5 Stars

Average Price Per Guest: $15-$20

Expected LCHS Student Attendance: High

Popular First Time Dish: Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo

Call Ahead System?: Yes

1. Longhorn Steakhouse:

Longhorn Steakhouse is a ranch style restaurant most well recognized for its boldly flavored meals. Some of the most popular, easy-to-love dishes are the Parmesan Crusted Chicken, Outlaw Ribeye, and the Flo’s Filet. Longhorn has a pleasant environment while still providing exceptional food and service from a friendly staff.

Location: Turkey Creek

Google Rating: 4.4 out of 5 Stars

Average Price Per Guest: $15-$20

Expected LCHS Student Attendance: Medium to High

Popular First Time Dish: Parmesan Crusted Chicken

Call Ahead System?: Yes

1. Texas Roadhouse:

Texas Roadhouse is a western themed restaurant that is known for their famous cinnamon butter roll combination and lots of peanuts, everywhere. I would not recommend dining here if you have a peanut allergy only because guests are encouraged to eat peanuts and throw the shells on the floor, contributing to the fun, laid back atmosphere of the restaurant. However, if you do not possess the allergy, this establishment has a great assortment of food ranging from steaks to classic barbecue dishes that most will find delicious.

Location: Turkey Creek

Google Rating: 4.3 out of 5 Stars

Average Price Per Guest: $15-$20

Popular First Time Dish: 10 oz Ribeye with Grilled Shrimp

Call Ahead System?: Yes

1. Chili’s Grill and Bar:

Chili’s is a Tex-Mex style restaurant with casual food in a southwestern setting. This location is also a fan favorite to the LC student body, who regularly attend here after any high school related event. They offer many styles of food ranging from classic southwestern quesadillas to a simple collection of soups.

Location: Lenoir City

Google Rating: 4.2 out of 5 Stars

Average Price Per Guest: $10-$15

Popular First Time Dish: Unlimited Soup and Salad Combo

Call Ahead System?: Yes

1. Aubrey’s:

Aubrey’s is an American chain restaurant that offers many homestyle food options. The restaurant has plenty of options for reasonable prices so it will not put a dent in your wallet. This establishment is sure to make you feel like you are eating homemade cooking. After all, their website states “It’s our mission to show you a level of hospitality and comfort you might simply not be used to.”

Location: Lenoir City

Google Rating: 4.3 out of 5 Stars

Average Price Per Guest: $15

Expected LCHS Student Attendance: Medium

Popular First Time Dish: Chicken Salad Club with Tomato Bisque

Call Ahead System?: No

1. Gondolier:

Gondolier is a local Italian restaurant that much of the community recognizes as a hometown favorite. Most of their customers cannot get enough of their fresh baked breadsticks and marinara sauce. This restaurant has a very comfortable atmosphere provided by the small interior and soft lighting.

Location: Lenoir City

Google Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Stars

Average Price Per Guest: $10-$15

Popular First Time Dish: Spaghetti A La Gondolier (Baked Spaghetti)

Call Ahead System?: No

1. Waffle House:

Waffle House is a local hotspot for LC high schoolers looking for a quick, inexpensive bite to eat. It is most well known for its humorously named fashions of hashbrowns and the occasional conflict between employees made public to the dining room. While the food is not of gourmet quality, it is what is expected for a fair price. It is certainly a nice option if you are trying to save money after spending $300+ on preparations for prom night.

Location: Lenoir City

Google Rating: 4.0 out of 5 Stars

Average Price Per Guest: $5-$10

Popular First Time Dish: Chocolate Chip Waffle with Hashbrowns

Call Ahead System?: No

With many things to keep in mind about the evening, this list is to help ease the stress of finding somewhere to eat. From Lenoir City to Turkey Creek, there are plenty of restaurants available to provide an exceptional experience before prom.