Prepping For Prom

As the weather slowly gets warmer, the flowers start to bloom, and school processes through its last few months, LCHS preps for its event of the season: prom!

This year’s prom would be held at Bridgewater Place in Knoxville, TN, on April 30th, 2022. The prom’s theme this year is Once Upon A Time, with the event carrying through 7 pm and going until 10 pm. Along with the dancing and music, the event will provide snacks, desserts, and drinks.

Towards the end of the night, two students will be crowned Prom King and Queen. English teacher, Mrs. Zupko, has led the prom committee for years and is excited for this year’s event.

This year I am really excited about our theme! I love the idea of everyone having a magical night where they get their happily ever after! Also, I can’t wait to see everyone dressed up. I love the tuxes, the gowns, the flowers, and the huge smiles when they walk into prom,” Zupko said.

This year, a local store and Mrs. Zupko helped create a great offer for students. The Lenoir City store, Rush Clothing Boutique, offers LCHS students free prom dresses, while supplies last, to students who provide their student ID. Any students or adults that have any old prom dresses are free to contribute to this community store for our students as well. Whatever outfit worn, Zupko and other prom committee members are excited to see all their work in action.

I hope that the students will help us make their night as memorable as possible! We would love for them to send in photos with their friends, before prom photos, photos of promposals, and anything else that made this year special,” Zupko stated.

Many students are excited for this year’s event as well.

“I am excited about the whole thing. I didn’t go to my junior prom so I don’t really know what it’s going to be like but I’m excited,” senior Suzie Figueroa said.

Seniors, keep an eye on your email for a song suggestion google form in the following weeks as well. With a few months till the event, it’s best to start planning now rather than later! Having time to find an affordable outfit that suits you and makes you feel confident is something special about prom.