Thank You, LCHS

I’ve found that, just as they say, my high school years have been a period of growth and self-discovery. Across the last few years, I have found so much good thanks to my time here at LCHS. I met new people, made new friends, and rediscovered myself. As I move forward to pursue a degree in graphic design at UTC, I have to look back at everything that has made me who I am today.

I attribute much of my growth to journalism, and I feel the need to thank Mrs. Wallace here for bringing me into this class in my sophomore year. As soon as I found myself a part of journalism, I could never imagine myself being anywhere else during fourth block every day. At the end of my high school career, I will have spent six out of my eight semesters here in journalism, and seven overall in a class taught by Mrs. Wallace. She has given me so many opportunities that I never thought I would have and so much hope for my future. If it weren’t for her, I would not be the person I am right now. There aren’t enough words to describe how important this has been to me.

Generally, high school was a struggle. From the pandemic to dealing with my ever-present lack of motivation, at times it was difficult to get by. I won’t say I always fought to be the best I could be; in fact, I let myself down quite a bit. That being said, I have improved greatly as time has passed. I can say that I am okay with being me right now, and I don’t think that would have happened if my high school experience was any different than it was.

I am thankful for all of my friends, old and new, and the memories that we have made together. Whether it was sharing a math class for the last four or more years, hanging out after school, celebrating birthdays, going to prom, or flying to New York, it meant so much to me to be with you all. Our time at LCHS has reached its end, and when all is said and done, I wouldn’t change a second of it. I’m looking forward to seeing how everyone continues to grow as we graduate and leave for college!

Thank you, LCHS, for being you, and goodbye!!