The Swap

The schedule change that has recently been made was created in order to lessen the spread of COVID-19 between groups of people. Students with a last name A-M go on Mondays and Thursdays, and students with a last name N-Z go on Tuesdays and Fridays. This is a very strange change because it is the most empty we have seen the school in quite some time or possibly ever. Being limited to these few in person days due to the recent schedule changes, some students seem to be having trouble getting adjusted.

Gracie Click said, “It’s honestly been super stressful. Teachers are piling on work and it’s been a struggle.” 

Hearing what the students feel about this schedule change is very interesting, there are a lot of mixed opinions. Teachers may be assigning more or the same amount of work to keep their class as normal as possible during this uncertain time. Some students believe that it has helped or worsened their sleep schedule, allowed them to work more, and even destress.

Mackenzie Bentley said “It has given me time to destress from the chaos of being around larger groups of people again.”

This is a big change for everyone here at the high school and we are all slowly getting used to all of these new rules and regulations, there is no majority opinion on the matter it seems every student and teacher has a different view on the subject. While taking this day by day, we all are hoping for the best.