Spring Break – Out

We all know that spring break is coming up. Some will spend it by going to see their relatives or by hanging out with friends or by simply laying around in bed watching Netflix. One such student is Abigail Elliot (10).

“I will be binge watching on Netflix and walking my dogs,” said Elliot.

However, if you are wanting to get out of the house over spring break, here are some of the top events going on during spring break.

The first event, which happens from March 7th through the 23rd, is the Dogwood Arts Synergy: Student Art Exhibition. This event takes place at Maryville College at the Clayton Center for the Arts. This event allows students, starting at kindergarten and going all the way up to seniors in high school, from all over the state to showcase their artwork. The Dogwood Art Festival was established in 1961, just 6 years after the Dogwood Trails were established. If you’re looking for something to do over break, consider going to this event to experience hundreds of pieces of art.

If you are looking to embrace your younger years this might be an event for you. If you were a fan of Power Rangers then come celebrate 25 years of morphing at the Tennessee Theatre on March 12th. The team will come back together in a live show to fight against an alien enemy. This event takes place at 7:30 pm and tickets can be found on common ticket sale sites such as Ticketmaster.

Some of you may choose to lay in bed and binge watch your favorite shows, but if you like the outdoors, here are some of the top hiking trails near us. We all know Cades Cove, but what else is out there? Only an hour and a half away is the Ocoee and Tanasi System. These systems offer almost everything from hiking to mountain biking and even whitewater rafting. They offer simple walking trails that go along the Clinch river where you can swim or fish. For those of you who like to hike, you can enjoy all of their hiking trails such as the Boyd Gap Overlook, where you can see an overlook of the Smoky Mountains. If you’re an adventure junkie, then their whitewater rafting system might be for you. They offer class four and five  rapids along with the 1996 summer Olympics white water course.

These are some of the events going on this spring break similar events can be found on sites such as https://www.downtownknoxville.org/events/  and https://www.visitknoxville.com/events/. Some of you may choose to stay in bed and binge watch Netflix but for those of you who want out of the house these are some of the top events going on near us.