Another Year, Another ACT

Another Year, Another ACT

It’s the test every junior has been dreading this year: The ACT. A good ACT score can get you into your dream college or give you amazing scholarship opportunities. Here at Lenoir City High School, the administration prioritizes helping their students get the ACT scores they want. Lenoir City’s recent average ACT composite score amongst all of the students was twenty-five. Lenoir City offers year-long ACT prep courses for any student in any grade. Student athlete Fallon Sherrill (11) was able to take this opportunity to learn a lot through the courses. 

“I learned more test-taking strategies that helped me answer more questions in a short amount of time,” Sherrill said.

Sherrill was recently able to take the ACT at Lenoir City on March 26th this year. Not only did Sherrill take this year’s ACT, but she was able to take the Pre-ACT last year. Sherrill noticed the difference between the two and found that last year’s test helped her a lot this year.

“The Pre-ACT helped me see a baseline score of where I could improve. It also gave me a feel of what the ACT was like,” Sherrill said.

As Sherrill awaits her results, she hopes that her score will help with the opportunity to go to college.

“I am hoping that my score will get me into the colleges I want and I hope to apply for scholarships with it,” Sherrill said. 

As stressful as the ACT sounds, it’s really not. It’s fine if you didn’t get the score you wanted the first time because you can take it as many times as you want. For seniors who want to bump their score up for scholarships, there is an ACT test date on April 13, 2024. For Juniors who want to retake the ACT, there are seven more dates left for you to take it. Don’t miss the chance to take the ACT because a good score can get you a long way in the stressful college admissions process.