Creating Memories, One Collage at a Time.

With seasons changing and spring quickly arriving, many students have been looking forward to the many field trips this time of year brings. This year Journalism, AV production, and many other CTE programs get to tour Pellissippi State Community College. They will observe the new programs offered as well as programs that might interest those who are in Journalism, AV, Criminal Justice, Agriscience, and Health students. Students who choose to go on the field trip will tour the Hardin Valley campus as well as the Blount County campus. Students such as Richard Rivera (11) talk about what he’s hoping to see at Pellissippi.

“I’m looking forward to the AV classes because I’m interested in Commercial videos and how cool they look,” Rivera said

Pellissippi offers AV classes such as Audio Production Engineering, Design for Web and Print, and Video Production Technology. Students who are interested in AV production or who are taking AV production are highly recommend looking into these classes. 

Students such as Ava Lawhorn (11) are most looking forward to touring both Pellissippi campuses to see what courses Pellissippi offers.

“What I’m most looking forward to when going to Pelissippi is the courses because I’m most likely going to Pellissippi after high school. I think this trip will be really helpful for me,” Lawhorn said. 

Lily Rich (10) talks about what she’s most looking forward to from the field trip.

“I’m looking forward to seeing all the classes, even though I may not want to pursue some of the courses,” Rich said. 

Students in Journalism, AV production, Criminal Justice, Agriscience, and Health Science have been highly recommended to sign up in case they’re interested in going to Pellissippi State Community College or wish to see what classes Pellissippi offers. The Pellissippi State Community College field trip will be on March 21, 2024. If students in any of the CTE classes (Journalism, AV production, Criminal Justice, Agriscience, and Health Science) are interested in going on this field trip, feel free to ask your teacher for a permission slip.