The 2023 Art Showcase!

The art display showcases LCHS students beautifully done projects
The art display showcases LCHS student’s beautifully done projects

Each year, Lenoir City High School holds an art showcase to display creativity from some of the students. It is a great opportunity for students to express themselves and connect with peers through their art. Emma Lathum (11) shares her experience as an artist who took part of the showcase. 

“I love letting people see my work even though it makes me nervous but, I like that people see and like the art that I have created,” Lathum said. 

The junior gives insight into what goes on behind the scenes as she works on her craft. While some artists have specific inspiration when they begin a project, Lathum says she simply follows her impulse. 

“I don’t really get inspired, I just draw what feels right and fix it along the way if needed,” Lathum said. 

While Lathum enjoys being a part of the showcase, she explains how it also comes with challenges. Even the most talented artists can be shaken as they show off their hard work on the projects they put so much effort into. 

“[It can be nerve-wracking] because you do not know if people will judge your art, or even if they’ll take interest in it,” Lathum said. 

Despite these difficulties, Lathum still participates in this showcase because she enjoys being able to observe all of the talented people that are also involved with this event. 

“The best part of the art show was seeing all of the different talents and being able to see what people created,” Lathum said.

Lathum plans to continue with this interest beyond high school. She hopes to pursue the world of art, making a difference with her skills in photography. 

“[I plan to focus more on art outside of high school] but probably just focus on photos because it’s one of my favorite ways to express myself as an ‘artist’,” Lathum said. 

Lathum is ready to do much more with art in the future. She can’t wait to see where life after high school takes her!