We Have Spirit!

The Junior class showing spirit at the Homecoming Pep Rally.
Exzavier Shelton

Spirit Week brings a sense of unity to Lenoir City High School. The exciting activities and dress days allow faculty and students alike to connect in a fun way. Most of the students love complimenting each other and supporting their school’s sports teams. Our Most Spirited Teacher award this year went to Ms. Ambrose. With it being her first year teaching at LCHS, she loves the spirit our school brings during the week.

“I just love the atmosphere of school pride in the air, and how you have all the different dress-up days and festivities,” Ambrose said. 

Most days in Spirit Week have a vs. theme where students get to choose between two concepts they want to dress as. Some themes are broad which gives the students more control over what they could wear. Ms. Ambrose admired how much freedom the themes allowed.

“I loved the dress-up concepts because they give students the chance to be creative, and I like how there are two options for each day,” Ambrose said. 

The new themes were exciting and were fun to create outfits for however, some students wish for a few old themes from previous years to return. Owen Posial (12) was awarded the Most Spirited Student. Poisal hopes they can bring back a beloved theme from last year.

“They should bring back Anything But a Backpack Day. They should bring that back because it was so much fun,” Poisal said.

Spirit Week’s purpose is to help cheer on and give support to the sports teams. Last Spirit Week, Lenoir City High School won the most spirited student section. This encouraged Posial to participate even more during this Spirit Week. 

“The Senior class hadn’t won a single spirit week until last week. All four years of my high school experience, my grade never won until this moment,” Poisal said. 

Spirit Week is an amusing event that every student should aim to participate in. It helps encourage our sports teams and brings overall school pride. Spirit Week also brings the different grade levels together as well as the dress-up days and the exciting games. Better yet, this Spirit Week helped us bring a win to our Homecoming football game!