Nursing Education at LCHS

A handful of the Nursing Ed students take a break from class to take a group photo in uniform.
Maddie London (12), Avery Shoemaker (12), Aubrie Robbins (12), Natalie Gallmen (12), Josh Adak (12), Kimberley Gonzalez (12), Karen Velasquez (12), Maggie Tate (12), Edwin Garcia (12), Lupita Campos (12), Lauren Scarlett (12), Caylie Adams (12)
A handful of the Nursing Ed students take a break from class to take a group photo in uniform. Maddie London (12), Avery Shoemaker (12), Aubrie Robbins (12), Natalie Gallmen (12), Josh Adak (12), Kimberley Gonzalez (12), Karen Velasquez (12), Maggie Tate (12), Edwin Garcia (12), Lupita Campos (12), Lauren Scarlett (12), Caylie Adams (12)

Here at Lenoir City High School, many different electives are offered. There is Theater, Art, Creative Writing, Culinary Arts, Digital Arts, and much more. Among these many electives, there is Nursing Education—a class that prepares students to become registered nurses once they graduate high school. Caylie Adams, a senior at the high school, shares her experience in the class. 

Adams explains what the purpose of the class is, sharing what her and her fellow classmates do on a regular basis. She also gives insight on what they will do later on in the elective. 

“For the first part of the class we are in school learning and taking notes about nursing ed and for the second part we will be in a long term facility caring for patients,” Adams said. 

The senior shares her enthusiasm about the class. 

“It is super interesting and hard work definitely pays off,” Adams said. 

While Adams adores the elective focus, it certainly comes with its challenges. For her, it’s the memorization that she finds the most difficult. 

“The most challenging part is definitely remembering everything,” Adams said.

Despite these hardships, Adams still loves the class. She finds it intriguing, and she enjoys learning how to care for patients. 

“The most interesting part is learning all about how to properly take care of patients,” Adams said. 

The passion Adams shares for this class will benefit her greatly in the future. Having a love for this subject has encouraged her to make this into a career path. She explains that this class has definitely taught her how to do just that.

“I have always been interested in the medical field and I knew I would find interest in this class! It prepares me for the future because i want to be a Registered Nurse and this class will help me in the long run,” Adams said. 

The Nursing Education program has benefited Adams in many ways. She loves the class and has a passion for the subject. She can’t wait for a future in nursing!