Class of 2024 Announcements: A Final Goodbye to Seniors

As the school year comes to an end and we say goodbye to the class of 2023, we welcome the rising seniors of 2024. Many events are taking place leading up to graduation on May 12th. Class of 2024 senior pictures will be held on May 17th from 9 am – 1 pm. This will cover your yearbook photo as well as cap and gown pictures. The last official day of school for underclassmen will be May 15th if you are passing. If you are not passing, then you must attend school through the 18th. Seniors’ last day of school will be May 5th, along with yearbook day, field day, the school play, and senior sunset. Upcoming senior Lillie Lovelace (11) shares her thoughts about her final year of high school. 

“I’m very nervous but excited at the same time. It’s definitely a new chapter to look forward to,” Lovelace said. 

The student also shared some exciting moments she’s looking forward to in the upcoming school year.

“I am excited to be able to spend time with friends and go to all the school events one last time,” Lovelace said.

Lovelace expressed how her high school career has flown by so quickly.

“It feels like we were just incoming freshmen getting used to high school,” Lovelace said.

Growing up can be quite scary, but moving toward the next big thing and feeling accomplished is very exciting. The class of 2024 is about to enter their last year of high school and move to the next chapter of their lives. High School can be bittersweet and remains a memorable moment in our lives. At this point of the school year, everyone is eager to hear the last bell ring being dismissed for summer. Soon, the class of 2024 will be one year closer to becoming adults and moving onto the real world; just like this years seniors are currently experiencing. On the day of graduation, the class of 2023 will officially open up a new part of their lives, and discover more about the world and themselves while trying to get the hang of it all. 

As students are on the home stretch of this school year, we get to see a class that has been together since childhood, go their separate ways. We now welcome a new class with different journeys, experiences, and stories for one last ride at LCHS. With that being said, have a great summer, congratulations and good luck to the 2023 graduates. LCHS wishes you the best of luck along the way. Wherever the world may take you, you can always rely on your fellow panthers. Like always; go panthers!