So Long LCHS

In the movies, you commonly see the life of a high schooler depicted in a stereotypical, not fun way. While at some times I had my struggles, it was absolutely not like what is seen in the movies. 

Our first two years definitely got off to a rough start. We were sent home after spring break after the global pandemic our freshman year and almost never stepped foot in the building our sophomore year. There was nothing that I had to enjoy about being at school until my junior year when I joined journalism.

Joining this class brought me so many unforgettable things. After finding this hidden gem in the school, I saw my high school experience get better. I met an amazing group of people, I was encouraged to be at school, I discovered a love for writing I never knew I had before and became an editor for the Panther Press, and I started to enjoy learning and being in my other classes. I’m forever thankful that I decided to sign up for this class and was provided with so many wonderful opportunities like our field trip. Hadley, Emma, Brooke, Ruthie, Ellie, Renee, Rebecca, and Mrs. Wallace, I had the most fun trip of my life visiting New York City with you all (even through the NYC subway incidents).

The past two years have brought me memories that I will hold onto for the rest of my life. I’m so thankful for all of the friends that have stuck with me and all of the teachers that have helped me get to where I am now. I’m going to terribly miss the football games and the incredible LCHS band, but I’m happy to be continuing my education at the University of Tennessee Knoxville to cheer for the Tennessee Volunteers while studying environmental science!

I have probably said the word “thankful” way too many times in this article, but something else that I need to say I am truly thankful for is that I chose to attend Lenoir City High School over Loudon High School. LCHS, don’t be a stranger, and GO PANTHERS!