The End of an Era

Hey, y’all. First and foremost, I want to say thank you to the journalism class. My friends there welcomed me with open arms and made me feel at home. The dedication in this class is evident. We have worked so hard to bring you these news articles and the 2023 yearbook.

My high school experience has been nothing short of extraordinary. Freshman year was cut short and sophomore year was spent going in between school and home. Senior year has easily been the most unforgettable period of my entire life. I have made so many memories and accomplishments that I never thought possible. I have gone through so many personal challenges that have made me a better person. I have never been more confident or proud of myself. 

Seniors, I know there are mixed emotions about this year coming to an end. Some are happy and cannot wait to move on past high school. Some of you are reminiscing on your past four years and are reluctant to let it go. But, no matter what, I want to encourage you all to live your lives to the fullest.

As for the future, I want to wish all of my fellow seniors immense luck when it comes to their plans, whether it is attending college, going to the military, or going straight into the workforce. As for myself, I will be furthering my education at Middle Tennessee State University with a major in graphic design.

Now, it would be absurd for me not to talk about the time I have spent with Mrs. Wallace. She is truly the most prominent driving force in my success. Without her, I would’ve never discovered my passion for graphic design and photography. Over this past semester, I have gotten to practice these skills while also getting to know her more than ever before, and I honestly couldn’t imagine what I would be doing today if I hadn’t taken her classes.

To my friends, I am going to miss all of you so much, from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for all that you have done for me. Thank you to my winter guard team for performing with me for my only high school guard season. To all of my teachers, thank you for giving me the ability to learn in your class while also being able to put up with my sarcasm.

With that being said, I want to say goodbye to the people who will not be joining me on my college journey. To my friends, teachers, and everyone else, thank you for everything you have done for me in these four years.

-With love, Ephram “A-frame” Hobbs.