Events are Blooming!

Between getting ready for graduation, preparing for upcoming sports, and getting antsy for summer, the spring semester flies by! During this last term of the school year, there are events left and right!

One of the many events that is quickly approaching is the teacher talent show. This event will take place on April 5, and you can purchase tickets for three dollars or get in free if you are AIP. The student talent show and egg hunt is on April 6. Tickets are also three dollars. The teachers and students are looking forward to seeing you there!

Right after the approaching talent shows is Easter break. The break will last from April 7 to April 10. Ruthie Davis (11) shares her excitement about having a long weekend!

“I am excited to spend time with my family and wear cute outfits,” Davis said.

After the break, some events coming up are the AIP party and Journalism’s field trip to Zoo Knoxville. Also, on April 18, the band is showcasing their talents in a concert. Following these events, end of year tests for students will take place from April 18 to May 3, and the prom will be held at Hunter Valley Farms and will take place on the 29th of April. McKenzie Powell (12) tells us about her excitement for the dance.

“I am excited about the theme. I can’t wait to see the decorations, and I am excited to dance with my friends,” Powell said.

Tristan Rice (12) shares McKenzie’s excitement.

“I am excited to spend one last dance with my peers that I will not get to see again after high school. I am looking forward to having a good time with them,” Rice said.

On May 4, at 9:00 am, the school will distribute cap and gowns for graduation. On May 5, our theatre department is showing their production they have been working on this semester. This day is also yearbook distribution day, along with field day. At the closing of this day is the senior sunset. 

Underclassmen awards are taking place on May 8, which is also the day of the student vs faculty volleyball game. On May 9, we will celebrate our seniors at senior awards night. On May 12, the day of graduation, seniors have their graduation practice at 10:00 am and graduation will be later that day at 7:00 pm.

The last day of school for underclassmen who are passing is May 15, and the upcoming seniors will take their cap and gown pictures on May 17. The final day of school for everyone is on May 19.

There are many upcoming events this last term. With the seniors saying their goodbyes and the underclassmen looking forward to their next year of high school, the excitement is buzzing in the air!