King of the Hill

The school gathers for the commencement of our homecoming king. The intermission between the announcement of the winner has the boys on the edge of their feet. The voting is incoming for our annual basketball homecoming king for the 2023 school year. The court gathers with their sharp outfits along with their beautiful escorts. Prior to the announcement, their friends and fellow students will vote on who they think should be named their homecoming king.

River Bailey’s escort is currently Ginny Myrick. Bailey is an active student in school as he is involved in football, swimming, and track. Outside of school, he is involved in SGA and Young Life. He plans to attend the University of Tennessee Knoxville with a major in industrial engineering.

Hrishi Brooks will be escorted by Katie Weeks. Brooks is engaged in many extracurricular activities within the school as he is in singers, student council, Mu Alpha Theta, and chess club. He plans to attend the University of Tennessee Knoxville for a major in music education with a choral emphasis.

Dalton Duke’s escort is currently Elly Boals. Dukes is a vibrant part of the Lenoir City student section and spends time attending Young Life with fellow students. He plans to attend East Tennessee State University with a major in business management.

Kaden Murray will be escorted by Ashley Nolazco. Murray is an active player on the Lenoir City High School baseball team. He plans to attend trade school at Tennessee College of Applied Technology in Loudon for electrical engineering.

Shlok Patel will be escorted by Nancy Poisal. Patel is an intelligent student within the school and is active in clubs as he is the president of Mu Alpha Theta. He plans to attend the University of Tennessee Knoxville with a major in aerospace engineering.

“I’m very proud of myself being on the court, and I’m grateful for those who voted for me,” Patel said.

Johnny Waldrop will be escorted by his mother, Missy Waldrop. Waldrop is a lively part of the student body and enjoys his time playing on the Lenoir City basketball team and Young Life. He plans to attend Johnson University for basketball as he will major in Biology. After receiving his bachelor’s, he wants to pursue a career in orthopedic surgery.

“I love being a part of the student body and I’m honored to be nominated,” Waldrop said.

Gage Simon will be escorted by Kacee Anderson. Simon is an active member of panther nation and a player on the Lenoir City football team. He plans to attend Pellissippi State Community College or East Tennessee State University with a major in business marketing.

“I feel honored, and it felt good that my class would nominate me,” Simon said.

Parker Tramell will be escorted by his mother, Paige Tramell. He is involved in many activities in the school like NHS, basketball, panther nation, and the media research team. He plans to attend the University of Tennessee Knoxville with a major in marketing.

Dalton Varner will be escorted by his mother, Haley Varner. He is a lively member of the school as he is active in the student section, golf, and basketball. He plans to attend Pellissippi State Community College with a major in business.

Kobe Franklin will be escorted by Aaliyah Coleman. He is an avid player on the Lenoir City basketball team. He plans to play basketball at Maryville College.

The student body will find out the winner on January 27th at Lenoir City High School as we play against Austin East High School. The votes will soon be counted by the student body as only one of the 10 boys will become our king.