That’s My Type!

Mr. Daniel Browning donating blood for the Medic Blood Drive

Like many previous years, the Medic Regional Blood Center hosted a blood drive at Lenoir City High School this year. Students and teachers alike were able to participate in this activity, choosing to donate blood to those who need it. 

From the needles to the act of actually giving one’s blood, the drive can be a nerve-wracking experience. While this is true, many individuals feel accomplished and happy to donate blood for a good cause. For Exzavier Shelton (11), he was not as confident.

“I was very nervous because it was my first time giving blood. I was afraid it would hurt and I might pass out,” Shelton said.

Despite the worry Shelton felt about donating, he ultimately felt very proud of his decision.

“I felt glad to be able to give back to the community,” Shelton said.

Giving blood can be a very rewarding experience. The blood is used for patients going through surgeries, cancer treatments, chronic illnesses, and traumatic injuries. By donating blood, the donation can be used to help save lives. Madison Munsey (12) felt fulfilled after donating her blood.

“I felt very accomplished, but it made me feel a little sick,” Munsey said.

As well as students, many teachers opted to donate blood. Among these teachers was Mr. Daniel Browning. Browning was happy to be able to contribute to blood drive.

I donate because it’s a small thing I can do to help someone else who is going through a really bad time. Seeing other people donating makes me happy because I know that others are willing to do the same and that others care about people they’ve never met,” Browning said.

By donating to this cause, the students and teachers are helping save lives. If you missed this semester’s blood drive and want to participate, the Medic Blood Center in Knoxville, Tennessee is always open and ready to take donations!