Categories:

In Perfect Harmony

In Perfect Harmony

Every year, students, teachers, and parents alike look forward to the exciting fall chorus concert. What makes everyone look so forward to the chorus concerts? Is it the teacher? Love of music? A few Lenoir City seniors help answer these questions. 

Davis Boals (12), who is a member of Singers, shed light on what keeps students coming back to Lenoir City Chorus classes. 

“[Choir] is a special group of people, led by two special teachers. It is encouraging, fulfilling, and inspiring. Choir pushes me to be a better person every day while also building my confidence and skills in music. Through three years of being in choir, I have made life-long memories and friends that I will cherish, thanks to being a part of these groups,” Boals said.

Setting up a positive class environment is crucial to having successful concerts and these students appreciate their teachers for working so hard to accomplish that goal. Matthew Deacon (12) is in his third year of Man Choir and explains what pulls him back to the class. 

“The reason I keep having chorus in my schedule is because I love how it is first block and it is just my favorite way to start out a school day. Mr. Cross always finds a way to make class fun and exciting even to the people who get in there and think they are not going to have a good time,” Deacon said.

Hearing what students experience in the classroom shows why peers and adults keep coming back to the concerts. The positive, upbeat, and hard-working atmosphere is sure to bring success on the big stage.

In the fall semester, students have three choices in which they get to show off their singing skills: Women’s Chorus, Man Choir, and Singers. Each group has the opportunity to choose their performance pieces, so with each concert, there is a multitude of personality and fun. This year, students unanimously agreed on a standout performance by Singers as the star of the night. 

Lyndsee Tolliver (12), who is in her second year of women’s chorus, tells the song that stood out to her. 

“My favorite song I heard was definitely ‘Inkosi Namandla’ performed by the Singers,” Tolliver said.

Boals, who got to perform the favored song, shared his thoughts. 

“’Inkosi Namandla’ was my favorite. It was the most unique piece that we had, and it also had lots of moving parts throughout, making it fun to perform,” Boals said.

Deacon voiced his opinion as well. 

“The best song I heard was the Singers last song ‘Inkosi Namandla’. It just had great energy and they sounded amazing,” Deacon said. 

With the Fall concert being such a success, the school cannot wait for the upcoming Christmas concert. With it being just around the corner, we look forward to hearing the improvement from a few more months of hard work. Start pulling those festive sweaters out of the closet because we will see you in December!