Categories:

Homecoming Court Spotlight: Lyndsee Tolliver

Homecoming is an exciting time for everyone, especially the ladies selected to be recognized as members of the homecoming court. Lyndsee Tolliver (12) is one of the honorable girls chosen by her peers to experience this opportunity as a member of the court.

Tolliver has been involved with the choir program at the high school for the past three years. She is also a member of NHS and Panther Crew. Throughout her high school experience, she hopes to encourage other people to spread kindness and find the people who will love and support them. 

“I hope to just be a light, that’s what I always try to do. I just want to be a person that people can rely on and, just someone that’s known as kind and giving. I have learned that it’s really important to find the people that you can trust and to find the people that love you and to stay with them. Everybody changes in our high school, but there’s always a select few people that don’t and they’ll be with you the whole time. That’s just been one of my favorite parts about high school is making friends that I know that are gonna last forever,” Tolliver said.

For the past seven years, Tolliver has committed endless amounts of time and energy to her passion for dancing at The Academy of Dance Arts in Lenoir City. Once she’s completed her time at LCHS, Tolliver plans to attend Middle Tennessee State University with a double major in dance and speech therapy. She is excited to pursue dancing in college because dancing gives her an environment where she feels like she can express herself freely.

“It’s literally my life. I have never loved anything as much as I love dance. That’s just where I feel like myself. It just feels like everything goes quiet in my brain. It’s just one of my favorite feelings ever, just feeling like I’m proud of my work and doing it with my friends is just something I’ve always loved,” Tolliver said.

Her goals for her future have always been a motivating factor in her hard work and dedication.

“[I stay motivated by thinking about] the bigger picture. My future has helped me be really motivated because I just think it’s really important to try to achieve the stuff that I want to do after high school, so that’s helped me be really motivated,” Tolliver said.

Tolliver is excited about the upcoming Pep Rally, and she is eager to compete in the games against the other members of the homecoming court.

“I’m looking forward to the pep rally because there’s always a really fun game that the homecoming court plays, and it’s always really entertaining,” Tolliver said.

Being nominated for Homecoming Court is an honor, Lyndsee’s authenticity and natural generosity have helped her stand out amongst her peers. Her infectious kindness and hard work have made her deserving of this opportunity!