Categories:

Homecoming Court Spotlight: Kyra Grason

Homecoming Court Spotlight: Kyra Grason

Homecoming is an exciting time for everyone, especially the ladies selected to be recognized as members of the homecoming court. Kyra Grason (12) is one of the honorable girls chosen by her peers to experience this opportunity as a member of the court. 

Grason has dedicated herself to being involved in various aspects of student life including Tennis, Student Council, President of NHS, Panther Crew, Treasurer of Anchor Club, Leadership team in FCA, Young Environmentalist Club, Interact Club, and Yearbook Editor for Journalism. She admirably manages her various responsibilities and leadership roles within the school through an abundance of hard work and diligence. She encourages others to seek opportunities to take part in their school and community.

“I really hope that I have at least inspired some people, maybe underclassmen, or even my peers to get more involved in school because, regardless of what you’re involved in, it’s gonna be worth it in the end,“ Grason said.

After she has completed two years at Pellissippi State Community College, she plans to transfer to the University of Tennessee to obtain her bachelor’s or master’s degree. She intends to major in graphic design with a minor in interior design or journalism. Originally, her aspirations for her future education were her biggest motivating factor, but throughout her last four years at LCHS, her involvement has grown more personal to her.

“When I first started freshman year, I would say that my motivating factor was college, but as the years have gone by, it just really, really means a lot to me that I get to be a leader within the school and that I get to know the ins and outs of the school and have connections,” Grason said

With all the excitement of the upcoming events, Grason looks forward to the Friday night football game when the homecoming court will be honored. She can’t wait to get dressed up and represent Lenoir City High School.

“I’m really excited to dress up in my pretty dress and have fun with people I enjoy being on court with. It’s such a good court, I think we’re gonna have a lot of fun,” Grason said.

Being nominated for Homecoming Court is an honor, Kyra’s determination and generosity at Lenoir City have helped her stand out amongst her peers. Her unwavering devotion to everything she participates in and persistence have made her deserving of this opportunity!