Student Spotlight: Congratulations Eli!

Eli Park (12)
Eli Park (12)

Every year, the University of Tennessee Knoxville gives out an annual award to first-year applicants. This scholarship is called the Distinguished Tennessean and is only given out to ninety-five high school students across the state. Receiving this scholarship is a big deal, to even be considered for this scholarship you must have good academic standing and involvement within the community. This year, UTK chose to give a scholarship to Eli Park (12) who attends LCHS. After high school Park plans on attending UTK and going into their architect program. After receiving this scholarship Park has a full ride to the University with his tuition and fees paid for. 

“I was very shocked to receive the award. I would have never imagined that all of my community service would be recognized–I never did it for the recognition. I believe in supporting your community and the people around you,” Park said.

After spending numerous hours giving back to his community while also balancing good grades, Park is recognized for his outstanding work. 

“I feel like with this scholarship I will not be as worried about money as I would be without it. I’m super grateful that this worry can be put aside so that I can focus more on my future,” Park said.

With the financial stress being taken away, Park is grateful he has more time to focus on his successful future. Park remains faithful to his future and has big plans for himself. 

I have been praying and asking God what the right thing to do with my life is, asking Him if Architecture is the right path for me. I truly do believe that God answered my prayers with this scholarship. So I plan on going forward with this plan and hopefully making a huge impact in the future,” Park said.

Park has many aspirations and goals, he is inspired by others around him. 

“My goal after college is to flip houses in Lenoir City and Knoxville and impact so many lives. I truly want to impact Lenoir City like how Johanna Gaines impacted Waco, Texas,” Park said. 

After many years of serving his community and hard work in school, Park is awarded an amazing scholarship to start the next chapter of his life. Park has an outstanding future ahead of him and strives for greatness. Receiving this title is just the beginning of something great. Congratulations Eli!